Friday, February 12, 2010

First Post!

I am starting this blog because I need an outlet! Whenever I want to talk about cosplay I am really really distracted until I can get my thoughts out of my head!!!

1st thing! my name

Leuda, the city of the Selkie race in Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles. To the rocky cliffs of a desert island the rest of the world pushed the Selkies. They had different values and ideals. The Selkie's live in a very different way than all of the other races and for that they are condemned to the barren Wasteland of Leuda. This is where I live. This is where all people who are different live. We are forced to the edges of society because we do not agree with the standard practices of life. Here I stand, amongst my people - the cosplayers, nerds, artists, gays, and hippies of society - in the land where we are the norm.

The Fool. Merriam Webster's Dictionary definine's the fool as: "a retainer formerly kept in great households to provide casual entertainment and commonly dressed in motley with cap, bells, and bauble" - among other things. To provide entertainment for myself and those around me is definitely a goal but It is the function of the Shakespearean Fool that really interests me. Shakespearean Fools "are usually clever peasants or commoners that use their wits to outdo people of higher social standing." Now, doesn't this sound like it goes very well with the modern phrase, "stick it to the man" ? I may not be the smartest student at UC Berkeley or even a very good conversationalist but you better believe that I will use all my brainpower to prove to the rest of the world that what I do is beautiful and worth recognition.

I am the Fool of Leuda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?