Friday, January 7, 2011

What's in Store

So in case you didn't know I don't work on cosplay during the fall since I have a ton of Cal Band stuff to do all the time. I was lucky enough to be able to make a few Halloween costumes for some friends and myself, but I didn't buy any materials or work on any cosplays. With the lack of activity came a lack of thought on the subject of cosplay. I really missed having this blog to empty my brain of thoughts.

So the title of this post has to do with a few different things. First, my reservations regarding buying fabric online and second, the curtain of uncertainty blocking my view of my future.

I love fabric shopping. It is one of my favorite parts of the cosplay process. When I buy fabric I really need to touch it, hold it up to the light, wave it around, stretch it, and do many other diagnostic actions. Buying fabric online is so scary for me since I can hardly do any of those things. This time around I have checked all of my usual places for some very specific fabrics and I can't find what I need. I am going to have to order stuff. AHHH! Thank goodness for free swatches. Ok I guess its not that scary, but I am proud of myself for broadening my horizons or whatever.

So, the future. I am graduating from Cal this year and as excited as I am to not have homework or reading to have to do all the time, I have never been so uncertain or terrified about the future. I have no idea what is going to happen after my lease ends at the end of June. I have no guarantees. The only thing I really have as far as the future is concerned is cosplay. As long as I have money I am going to keep doing it. But even then, I don't know when I will have a job to make money. I am really upset that I have to say, depending on how long it takes me to get a job, I may not be able to cosplay for a while. This spring/summer could be my last hurrah for who knows how long.

I don't think I can write on any more today. I'm too depressed now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?